top of page

Young Ninja Group (ages 3-5)

공개·회원 10명

Valentine Ponomarev
Valentine Ponomarev

Hey Girl: The Book That Made Ryan Gosling a Feminist Icon

Ryan Gosling's Hey Girl Book on Amazon: A Review

If you are a fan of Ryan Gosling, feminism, or memes, you might have heard of his Hey Girl book on Amazon. This book is a collection of photos of the handsome actor with witty captions that express feminist sentiments. It is based on a popular blog that started as a joke but became a viral sensation. In this article, we will review the book and explore its origin, content, design, reception, and future.

ryan gosling hey girl book amazon

DOWNLOAD: https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Ftinurli.com%2F2ud640&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AOvVaw1Ofp3Whjd9dQiyQ7ZHoZcu

The Origin of the Hey Girl Meme

Ryan Gosling is one of the most popular and versatile actors in Hollywood. He has starred in various genres of movies, such as The Notebook, La La Land, Drive, and Blade Runner 2049. He is also known for his charm, charisma, and good looks. But how did he become a feminist icon?

The answer lies in a meme that started in 2008. A meme is a humorous image, video, or text that is copied and spread online. The Hey Girl meme features photos of Ryan Gosling with captions that begin with "Hey girl" and end with a flattering or supportive statement. For example:

Hey girl,

I love it when you wear your glasses.

You look so smart.

The meme was created by a blogger named Douglas Reinhardt, who posted it on his site Fuck Yeah! Ryan Gosling as a joke. He said he was inspired by a friend who had a crush on Gosling and wanted to make her laugh. He did not expect the meme to become so popular, but soon other bloggers and websites started to copy and create their own versions of it.

The meme gained more popularity when another blogger named Danielle Henderson created a spin-off called Feminist Ryan Gosling. She posted photos of Gosling with captions that referenced feminist theory and concepts. For example:

Hey girl,

Did you know that the word "feminism" was coined by a man?

Don't worry, I still respect your struggle.

Henderson said she created the blog as a way to study for her feminist theory exam. She said she wanted to make feminism more accessible and fun for herself and others. She also said she admired Gosling as an actor and a person, and thought he would approve of the meme. She was right, as Gosling himself said he found the meme flattering and hilarious.

The Content of the Hey Girl Book

In 2013, Henderson published a book based on her blog, titled Feminist Ryan Gosling: Feminist Theory (as Imagined) from Your Favorite Sensitive Movie Dude. The book features 120 photos of Gosling with captions that cover topics such as gender, sexuality, race, class, culture, and politics. The book is divided into four sections: Introduction to Feminist Theory, Gender and Sexuality, Race and Class, and Culture and Politics. Each section has an introduction that explains the main concepts and terms used in the captions.

The book is meant to be a humorous and educational introduction to feminism for readers of all backgrounds and levels of knowledge. It is not a comprehensive or academic text, but rather a playful and provocative way to spark interest and discussion. The book uses Gosling's image and persona as a hook to draw attention to feminist issues and perspectives. The book also celebrates Gosling's roles and achievements as an actor and a feminist ally.

Some examples of the captions in the book are:

Hey girl,

I know you're more than just a pretty face,

• but I still like looking at it.

Hey girl,

I don't care if you shave your legs or not.

• I love you for your mind.

Hey girl,

Let's watch Thelma and Louise tonight.

• I want to learn more about female empowerment.

Hey girl,

I'm sorry for mansplaining.

• Please teach me how to be a better listener.

Hey girl,

I support your right to choose.

• Whatever you decide, I'm here for you.

Hey girl,

I'm not threatened by your success.

• I'm proud of you.

The Design and Format of the Hey Girl Book

The Hey Girl book is a hardcover diary that measures 5.25 x 0.75 x 7.25 inches and weighs 8.8 ounces. It has 192 pages with full-color photos and captions on each page. The book has a simple and elegant design that matches the style and tone of the meme. The cover features a close-up photo of Gosling's face with the title in white letters. The back cover has another photo of Gosling with a quote from him saying "Feminist Ryan Gosling is the coolest thing ever."

The book uses images and typography to enhance the content and appeal to the reader. The images are carefully selected to showcase Gosling's different looks, expressions, and roles. The captions are written in a handwritten font that resembles Gosling's own handwriting. The font is also slightly tilted to create a sense of movement and spontaneity. The captions are aligned with the images to create a balance and harmony between the visual and textual elements.

The book is easy to read and browse, as each page has only one photo and one caption. The reader can flip through the pages at their own pace and enjoy the humor and wisdom of the meme. The book is also suitable for display or gift-giving, as it has a high-quality print and binding that makes it durable and attractive.

The Reception and Impact of the Hey Girl Book

The Hey Girl book was well-received by readers and critics alike. It became a bestseller on Amazon and other platforms, and received positive reviews from various media outlets. Some of the praise for the book are:

"A hilarious spoof that pokes fun at our crush on all things Ryan Gosling." - People Magazine

"A perfect combination of smart, sexy, sweet, empowering, hilarious, quirky, pop culture-savvy." - Bust Magazine

"A must-have for anyone who likes their feminism with a side of heartthrob." - Bitch Magazine

"A clever commentary on gender politics." - Huffington Post

"A brilliant way to introduce feminism to the masses." - Jezebel

The book also had an impact on 71b2f0854b

소개

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...

• 뮤직아이
  • Anas Altab
    Anas Altab
  • Joseph Kharlamov
    Joseph Kharlamov
  • Thomas Wilkinson
    Thomas Wilkinson
  • Bill Drew
    Bill Drew

에꼴드 뮤직아이 Tel:  514 430 4591  

​카카오톡: musiceye11

• White Facebook Icon